Pages

Saturday, February 21, 2015

The first (few) phone calls from the Korean Boyfriend in Korean Army

Post by S

So, I finally received my first phone call from K on 除夕,Chinese New Year Eve (18 Feb 2015). At this time, it was roughly the third week into his army training.

He called me from the camp at around 3pm but because I didn't manage to answer in time, he left me a voice message saying he'll call me back later.

I tried calling the number back and it rang, but nobody picked up. So I'm assuming that it was from one of the pay phones in the camp.

The next phone call, which I managed to pick up, came in around 8pm. I think that this period of time is an exceptional case. Normally, the recruits are not supposed to call home for the first 5 or 6 weeks until they get reassigned to their actual unit, but because of CNY, they are each entitled to a 10 mins phone call.

Mind you, they claimed that it was 10 minutes but it wasn't. According to K, they started counting the moment your hand touches the phone. So the whole conversation only lasted around 7 minutes or so.

The next day (初一), K supposedly gave me a call, but my phone never rang, so I didn't manage to answer. My theory is that since mine is a Internet number, it may not work so consistently when my signal is weak, so possibly when he called I had low/no reception. That's my guess.

The following day (初二), I received ANOTHER call from K again. :D This time, he said it was because they were supposed to play soccer but the ground was frozen. So each person gets 5 minutes.

That's it, no more calls after. ㅠ ㅠ ㅠ

4 comments:

  1. Hey, my bf is currently in the first few weeks of training camp... wondering how are you? Are you reunited with your bf? I saw your helpful blogpost on how to get in contact via email. Thank you for blogging that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodluck! Its a frustrating time in a relationship when they are in their service. My boyfriend has 11 months left till he finishes. The worst for me is this month as they are training in the mountains and only spoke to him a few times this month...im used to talking to him every few days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very excellent blog post. I am thankful for your blog post. I have found a lot of approaches after visiting your post. KVB Customer Care

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven’t any word to appreciate this post.....Really i am impressed from this post....the person who create this post it was a great human..thanks for shared this with us. international calling cards uk

    ReplyDelete